Continuation of my ESP8266 DC power switch. Once I had the breadboard working I soldered the components onto an Adafruit Proto-Board and enclosed the electronics in an antique wooden box. I’ve been combining the “old” with the “new” by reusing old or antique wooden boxes as my Arduino, Raspberry Pi and ESP8266 projects.
The next version (there are always things to improve) will use a 220 Ohm resistor for the LED indicator. I will also add some type of relay for an AC version. I really like the cloths pin box which I found in an antique store in Kalispell, Montana.
The diagram depicts a modified version (new 220 Ohm resister, etc.) of the proto-board solution. I’ve also added pins to support debugging on the proto-board by providing RX, TX and GND pins from the ESP-1.